The OHC has funds available to support humanities-related public events including lectures, panels, performances, symposia, and conferences being organized and administered by other UO departments.
The OHC also has limited funds for bringing to campus visiting distinguished scholars for the purpose of meeting with faculty and/or students in seminars, colloquia, and other non-public events.
To request OHC co-sponsorship funds for public programs or scholarly events, please send an email to both Paul Peppis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jena Turner (email@example.com) with the following information:
- name of the sponsoring department administering the event;
- a brief explanation of why you wish to host the speaker and/or the event;
- the speaker’s affiliation;
- the title, date, time, and place of the talk or event;
- a total estimated budget for the visit;
- the names of any other campus co-sponsors and how much each is contributing;
- the amount you are requesting from the OHC; and
- confirmation that the proposed event will not conflict with any OHC public lectures, talks, conferences, or special events.
In order to be able to demonstrate to our VPRI and to our donors that we are making good use of OHC resources, and to ensure their continuing support, we ask all recipients of OHC co-sponsorship funding to send us a brief report with the following information:
- Your name and department
- The date and title of the event the OHC helped co-sponsor
- Approximately how many people attended
- What the composition of the audience was (undergrads, graduate students, faculty, general public, etc.)
- What, in your estimation, the main benefit of the event was for campus and/or the community
- How your event might have addressed any of the institution’s current top priorities — i.e., promoting excellence and academic research; ensuring access for students; delivering a rich, excellent, educational experience; promoting and supporting diversity